Happy Super Bowl Sunday! While we wait for the most-anticipated football game of the year, why not whip up a few delicious Super Bowl sides? Today we’ve got two great recipes: an easy coleslaw and sea salt-dusted sweet potato fries!
I’m not using exact quantities as per this recipe, because I usually just add in however much mayo/celery seed/carrots, etc that I want or that looks good. Here’s a list of all the ingredients:
- Sliced carrots
- Green & red cabbage
- Lime juice
- Celery seed
- White vinegar
Place your carrots and cabbage in a large bowl. Toss together, then add your mayonnaise (3-4 heaping tablespoons). Next, add your celery seed (I’d go with a teaspoon or two) and add a little bit of white vinegar (enough to fill the cap/lid–not too much!). Finish with a little bit of freshly squeezed lime, and chill in the fridge until serving time.
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe:
Again, this recipe does not require quantities. You can basically just fry as many potatoes as you want, and dinner’s served! Here are the steps toward making your one-of-a-kind football fries:
- Peel, wash, and thinly slice your potatoes
- As you’re cutting, heat your oil to high heat
- Once boiling, add your sliced potatoes to the oil
- Fry for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown
- Take out your fries and place them on a dry paper towel
- Sprinkle your desired amount of sea salt
- Serve with sour cream & dill for garnish
Have a great Super Bowl Sunday, all!