Welcome back, Scribes! This week we are relaunching our blog, and to kick things off, we decided to recommend some books we feel are best to read over the summer break! These will include books from all different sorts of categories and age groups. Let’s get started!
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: a sumptuous YA retelling of A Thousand and One Nights. The sequel, The Rose and the Dagger, recently came out, and both are #1 NYT bestsellers! Since the series is only 2 books, you can binge both!
2. Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley: praised as being fresh and touching, and it’s perfect for dog lovers! This is a brand-new adult book.
3. Love and Gelato is one of those books that screams summer; it follows 16-year-old Lina, who heads to Italy to learn more about her father after her mother’s death. The last line of the synopsis says: People come to Italy for love and gelato, someone tells her, but sometimes they discover much more.
(Also, we adore the cover.) It’s a NYT bestseller, perfect for summer:
4. Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library is a fast-paced, fun read for younger readers, with a nod to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!
5. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter: first published in 2012, it’s now a bestselling adult novel! Read the full synopsis here.
And for now, those are our summer recs! If you want more, check out part 1 of our summer recommendation posts. Happy reading!