Spicy Rustic-Style Fries
These fries are delicious and easy to make. Not only are they warming in winter, but they make a perfect snack after a long day at work or classes. The ingredients can be personalized to your taste—you can substitute the type of cheese and spices, as well as the baking time, depending on the thickness of your fries. Enjoy these as a side dish, or simply as a late-night snack!
Ingredients (for one serving)
1 large potato or 2 small ones.
Ghee, oil or butter
2 tsp hot sauce
½ – 1 cup cheddar cheese
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the potato well and cut into approximately 1-2 inch-thick sticks.
- Dump them in a bowl and toss with ghee or oil until coated well. Add in the salt, pepper, and hot sauce, then mix.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and arrange the fries into a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flip fries, and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
- In a separate bowl, grate the cheddar cheese.
- Once the fries are ready, sprinkle on the grated cheese and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!