This is my own twist on a guacamole. The fresh vegetables, bright colours, and contrasting textures make it a fun snack. I love this dip with blue corn chips, but it also works well as a sandwich spread.
Ingredients (for one):
1 ripe avocado
5 cherry tomatoes (or half a regular tomato)
5 baby carrots
1/2 bell pepper
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Roughly mash it with a fork.
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Boil the carrots and remove when slightly softened.
- Dice the carrots, bell pepper, and tomatoes. If using a large tomato, scoop out the seeds before dicing.
- Mix the vegetables into the avocado.
- Add extra salt or lemon if desired (to taste)
- Serve with your choice of crackers, or use in a wrap or sandwich.
*Note: Adding lemon will help preserve the avocado. That said, this dish should be finished in a day to prevent the avocado from spoiling.